What You Need for Class
What you need for class depends on your individual dog (and family!), but here is a general list, whether you have a private or group class coming up:
* A healthy, reasonably-exercised dog!
* Heavy-duty artillery! THAT means: SUPER treats! (i.e., meat, cheese, hot dog, soft dog treats.. preferably not dry dog biscuits.. What works in your living room doesn't always work amid all the distraction.
* Treat pouch/bait bag (fanny pack works fine)
* 4 - 6 foot (or less) leash. Under 4 foot acceptable. NO FLEXI/EXTENDABLE LEASHES.
* Collar-type varies by dog. Make sure your dog's is securely-fitted with no chance of slippage.
* Most importantly, a "can-do" attitude!
* Regardless of collar or harness type, it MUST be securely fitted with NO chance of it slipping.